Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On returns.

I'm back after a prolonged absence, once again, though I promise it's not for lack of cooking. Though the post-work evening light during the winter provides for some spectacular sunset views from my kitchen, it makes for pretty sorry lighting. And, as it tends to go, no pictures= no posts.

The nestle-down season of winter is, however, pretty good for one thing (not skiing-- we're not discussing my Christmas 'ski vacation' without an inch of the white stuff in sight.) Nope-- it's cooking music. Here are a few of my favorite combinations over the past month:

Banana pancakes and Bon Iver, for Saturday mornings

Sliced, seeded & shortbread cookies and She & Him, for the family gatherings

Apple, cabbage, & caraway soup and Tallest Man on Earth, for sticking to my New Year's Resolutions

No comments:

Post a Comment