Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Home.

Flew home yesterday and got to wake up in my luxurious (read: not purchased on craigslist like the one in my apartment) pillow-top bed and have this for breakfast:
Don't be fooled by the Wall Street Journal-- I didn't even make it past the front page.

Half a peach, a handful of blueberries, two generous scoops of cottage cheese, a handful of raw almonds, a cup of coffee, and you've got one happy camper.

I did the only there is to do when I'm home: shop. I bought a running hat, Runner's World, and a coffee to fuel my evening run. Can you tell I'm in the middle of training?!?

I decided on the "uphill both ways" run, a 5-mile loop from my house (on a hill) with about four hills in between-- the Mother of all puts those San Francisco hills in the NWM to shame-- and was able to power through. No stopping, no walking, minimal knee/hip pain (unlike the last time I tried it when I was home, last December). PLUS I got to have Chobani as my post-run snack. I'm in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment